Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Being pushy works

After corresponding with my Senators, providing them with the written documentation they required, I had to bug them again regarding requesting the FBI to testify in the Kenyan inquest.

Apparently, if you bug people enough, they start to listen. John knew that and paid the ultimate price for it. While I don't have the same threat, the powers that be are starting to listen to my squeaky wheel.

And that's what it takes: making noise. Writing congresspeople, calling them, emailing them. They don't listen at first (usually) but if you make enough noise, they will. They are our public servants, put into their positions by us. They have to answer to us.

So make them earn their money by responding to your requests to act on the behalf of a man who always put others first. Start calling. Start writing. Start emailing. And don't stop until you get the response you deserve.

I know I won't.

No comments: